2 YEAR WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. Lacklands LP, Nikon’s NZ Authorised Distributor (“Lacklands LP”) guarantees subject to the terms and conditions below that, during the Extended Warranty Period (described below), the Nikon & Nikkor products purchased new and unused in New Zealand from Lacklands LP or official New Zealand Authorised Nikon Resellers (“Product”) will, with normal use and service, be free from faulty parts, manufacture or workmanship (“Extended Warranty”).
2. The Product “Warranty Periods” (from date of purchase) are:
a) Nikon Interchangeable lens cameras (DSLR & Nikon 1) 24 months
b) Nikkor Lens (DSLR and Nikon 1) 24 months
c) Nikon Coolpix Cameras 24 months
- 3. Nikon and Nikkor branded products that have been sourced by end-users, distributors or retailers from any source other than through Lacklands LP (including ‘grey’, ‘parallel’ or ‘direct’ imports) are not Products for the purpose of this warranty. This exclusion covers products purchased from, but not limited to resellers such as Expert Infotech, PB Technology, Parallel Imported and other similar retail operations who are not part of the official New Zealand Authorised Nikon Resellers.
4. To obtain the benefits of this Extended Warranty, the customer must
a) register the Product via the online registration website; and
b) provide the original proof of purchase on request, which proof must demonstrate compliance with these conditions, particularly the place of purchase.
5. This Extended Warranty only applies where a defect has arisen, as a result of faulty manufacture, parts or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
6. This Extended Warranty does not apply where damage is caused by any other factor, including without limitation:
a) normal wear and tear;
b) improper care, misuse, abuse, mishandling, accident or failure to follow operating instructions;
c) leaking batteries;
d) exposure to liquid (excluding water in the case of waterproof products) or infiltration of foreign particles (including without limitation, sand);
e) servicing or modification of the product by persons other than at a Nikon Authorised Service Facility;
f) use of the Product with other accessories, attachments, parts (including batteries, lenses and flash attachments) that are not manufactured by Nikon;
g) transportation, transit or mail (whether to or from Lacklands LP or otherwise); or
h) theft or loss.
7. This Warranty does not apply to:
a) accessories, including batteries and AC adaptors, and other consumables;
b) any electronic data loss due to malfunctioning or repair of the product;
c) any loss that occurs from the product fault (all costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense);
d) products if the serial number has been altered or removed.
8. Customer’s sole remedy under this Extended Warranty is repair or replacement of the Product (at Lacklands LP’s discretion), by following the instructions for making a warranty claim included in the enclosed product materials or available from any member of the New Zealand Authorised Nikon Resellers.
9. When making any claim you will still be asked to produce your original proof of purchase, so please ensure that document is kept safe and accessible. [This proof of purchase receipt must be presented to the Nikon authorised service facility before any repair can be made under warranty].
10. This extended warranty is non-transferable and is not exchangeable for cash.
11. In addition to the Extended Warranty, you may have rights under New Zealand Consumer law, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Without limiting these statutory rights, Lacklands LP excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law all liability in respect of the Nikon and Nikon Products including but not limited to failure of such Products, liability for negligence, loss of images, loss of expenses, loss of revenue, cost of travel and loss of enjoyment.